F-1 Transfer Students: How to Apply
- Create your account to begin your application.
- Submit your online application, $150 non-refundable application fee, and all required
We recommend applying at least 3 weeks prior to the program start date.
Academic and Test Preparation (ATP)
Semester at SJSU (SAS)
3. Have your SEVIS record transferred to International Gateways.
You will receive an acceptance letter once you are admitted to our program. You must
submit your acceptance letter to your current school so they can transfer your SEVIS
record electronically to San Jose State University, International and Extended Studies.
4. Pay Tuition
Pay tuition by the deadline listed on your acount portal. Please review our refund policy prior to paying tuition.
5. Purchase Health Insurance
Purchase the mandatory health insurance plan offered through International Gateways.
6. Check in at International Gateways Office and Pick up Transfer I-20
Report to the International Gateways Office to complete your new student paperwork, receive your orientation week calendar, pick up your transfer I-20, and attend the first day of orientation.
Please bring the following required documents when you report to our office:
- Passport (with F-1 visa)
- Proof of Health Insurance payment
Please visit our Orientation Week Overview page for more information about the activities that will be covered throughout the week.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org