We offer support for students looking for housing, but it is the student's responsibility to arranging their own housing. Start your housing search early to find the right place for you!
For general housing questions, contact the Housing Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Housing Options
Where do you want to live? (Be sure to follow the application instructions for each housing option and note the deadline dates.)
- Campus Village Apartments Building B (CVB) – On-campus dormitory open year-round. http://www.housing.sjsu.edu
- Click here for instructions on how to apply.
- International House (I-House) – A dormitory close to campus for American and International students who wish to live in a multicultural setting. http://www.sjsu.edu/ihouse
- Homestay –International Student Placements is an organization that places students in homes of local residents: http://www.isphomestays.com
- Rooms in Private Homes – Local residents rent rooms in their homes to international students. Contact the Housing Liaison for current listings.
- Off-Campus Apartments – On-line websites are helpful in locating rentals. NEVER send money ahead of time to reserve an apartment or room!
- Hotels – If you plan to look for a place to live after your arrival in San José and need a place to stay, a list of local hotels is found at: http://www.sanjose.org/hotels. Online reservations often give special rates but ask about discounts for SJSU students.
Please arrange your airport pick-up service before you leave home. Learn more about Airport Arrival Services to San José State University
Additional Helpful Resources
Websites for help in renting an apartment or room:
- SJSU International Students Housing Search Facebook Group: This group was created to connect incoming international students with each other
and to share housing resources and advice for your housing search.
Incoming international students must first fill out this Google form in order to be added to the group.
- 10 English Phrases for Renting and Apartment
Websites to order linen packages (dormitory beds require extra- long sheets):
Disclaimer: All information regarding off-campus housing should be assessed carefully
before making any legal commitments. Any references made from San José State University,
its sub-departments and the International Gateways program web page do not constitute
any type of legal obligation by the university, including faculty, staff and students.
San José State University, San José State University Research Foundation and all programs associated with these do not constitute legal authority nor do they provide any type of legal advice. All off-campus housing information posted on this page is done so for informational purposes only and the university takes no responsibility for any legal contracts or agreements made. All issues resulting or pertaining within student housing are the sole responsibility of the tenant(s) and the landlord.