MBA Preparation Program (MBP)
Boost your GMAT verbal score and develop the skills necessary to succeed in MBA or other graduate business programs in the U.S.
- Offered in Spring and Fall semesters
- Courses focus on the GMAT verbal section
- Emphasis on academic skills for success in business graduate programs
- Small classes with experienced, professional instructors
- Academic advising services in researching MBA programs, refining essays for graduate applications
All students in the MBA Preparation program take the following courses:
- GMAT Preparation – Review strategies for tackling the Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension questions in the verbal section of the GMAT test.
- Written Communication – Practice GMAT essays as well as academic and business writing skills.
All students also choose one course from the following list based on their needs: (Course offerings may change.)
- American History
- Global Issues
- Silicon Valley Business and Culture
To enhance your chance of admission to an MBA program, the academic advisors at International Gateways will help you research a variety of MBA programs, guide you through the application process, and offer assistance with refining application essays.
- 71 iBT or 6.0 IELTS or 530 on the International Gateways Placement Test
Students who have not yet attained the minimum required English language proficiency test score may apply for MBP but must achieve 530 on the International Gateways placement test in order to study in the program.
If you do not meet the English language proficiency requirement, you will be transferred to our Academic and Test Preparation program to improve your general language skills. Your skills will be assessed again at the end of the semester to determine future placement.
To apply for the program, please visit the Apply page for more information.
For more information, email Dr. Julie Yang, MBA Preparation Program Coordinator and Graduate Student Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.