Silicon Valley Culture and Communication
Learn English. Have Fun. Explore Silicon Valley.
In this 3-week program, you will learn about the culture of Silicon Valley and the United States. Classes are taught in a fun and active way. In addition to classes, the program offers many exciting activities and fieldtrips. If you want to learn English in Silicon Valley, while having fun and making new friends, then this program is for you!
****add slideshow here***
Who can apply?
- No F-1 visa required; participants can be in the United States on a tourist visa.
- Anyone 16 years or older can apply.
When is the program?
July 8-26, 2019
How much is the program?
The tuition fee for the 3 week program is USD $1,900.00.
- Tours of famous Silicon Valley companies, such as Apple, Google, and Facebook
- Field trips to local destinations: San Francisco, Great America Amusement Park, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Los Angeles, Disneyland, and Yosemite National Park
- See more fun things to do on our Student Activities page (add link)
- Live life in Silicon Valley – the technology center of the world!
- Have many, many interesting conversations in English
- Learn about American cultural diversity
- Make friends with native English speakers
- Explore San Jose with an unlimited pass for public transportation system
- Stay active with access to SJSU athletic center and group fitness classes
- Choose from many housing options including on campus and homestays with Americans
Life in Silicon Valley
This course addresses the history, culture, and trends in Silicon Valley and the global technology field. Students will learn technology vocabulary, give presentations, and debate a range of issues. This course also serves to prepare students for field trips to Silicon Valley companies.
American Culture and Society
Students will learn about America’s diverse culture and society. Students will also learn to conduct surveys and give presentations, the skills needed for the final program project about American culture.
Students will learn about current trends in technology. The focus is on students sharing their ideas and opinions.
Speaking with Confidence
Students will improve their ability to understand and be understood by native speakers of English. The focus is on clear listening and speaking in everyday conversations.
Sample Schedule (insert schedule)
For more information, contact us.