Welcome to International Student Advising (ISA)
International Student Advising (ISA) is a unit under the Office of International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) which is a part of the College of International and Extended Studies. ISA provides focused support for our international students on all immigration advising to our F and J visa holders.
Check out our video gallery to hear from our faculty, staff and students. We are here to support you and you are welcome here at San Jose State University.
Check out our upcoming events!
- OPT Application Deadline: All students graduating in the Spring 2017 semester need to apply for OPT prior to 07/30/2017. This means USCIS (U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services) must receive your OPT application no later than 07/30/2017.
- NEW OPT Application Fee: As of 12/23/2016, the Optional Practical Training (OPT) fee increased to $410. More information can be found here.
- Travel Signature Reminder: Please remember to get your Form I-20 signed for travel at least 10-15 business days prior to traveling outside the U.S. Travel signatures are valid for one year for students enrolled in a degree program at SJSU and for 6 months for students on OPT. Our travel signature request form can be found here.
- Fraud scheme targets international students! Read about it HERE. Please be aware, the US Government will never ask for personal information or payment over the phone.
- ISSS Document Request Processing: ISSS processing time for all applications is 10-15 business days. Plan ahead and submit your requests ahead of time!
- OPT/CPT Applications: Attendance at an ISSS Employment Workshop is mandatory in order to submit an application for OPT or CPT. Employment Workshops are offered on Thursdays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM and Fridays from 3:00 PM to 4:00 PM at Clark Hall 543.
- Graduate Students Candicacy and Graduation: Check out the GAPE Candidacy and Graduation deadlines