Welcome to International Student Advising (ISA)
The International Student Advising (ISA) is a unit under the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS), formerly known as International Program and Services (IPS). ISA provides focused support for our increasing number of international students on all immigration advising to our F and J visa holders.
- The ISSS office will be closed 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. every Friday for the months of September and October.
- This Thursday, October 13th, the employment workshop will not be held.
- The Student Conduct and Ethical Development Brochure is now available in several different languages!
- Fraud scheme targets international students- Read about it on USCIS's national blog. USCIS nor the US Government will never ask for personal information or payment over the phone. Most calls seem to be from "911." 911 cannot call you- if they do, it is a scam.
- Registration for Fall 2016 classes has begun. Check your MySJSU account for your registration start date and time and to register as soon as possible. Also, pay your fees on or before the payment due date. Classes will be dropped if you do not pay on time.
- You will need to renew your health insurance coverage for Fall 2016 before you can register for Fall classes. The required university health insurance plan can be purchased online (select: 2016-2017 SJSU-International). Insurance holds will be removed within 24 hours after purchasing coverage.
- ISSS document processing time for all applications is 1-3 weeks.
- Attendance at an employment workshop is mandatory before you can apply for OPT or CPT. Employment workshops are Wednesdays from 3:00 PM -4:00 PM and Thursdays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM at Clark Hall 543.
- Graduate students: check out the GAPE Candidacy and Graduation deadlines