Mon–Fri: 8 AM - 5 PM
Mon-Thurs: 10 AM- 4 PM
Clark Hall, 5th Floor, Room 543
San José State University
One Washington Square
San José, CA 95192-0221
SJSU University Police Dept.
- ISSS will be open during finals with normal office and advising hours. ISSS remains open during the summer.
- There will be limited advising during the week of May 25, 2015:
Monday 5/25/15: University closed. Memorial Day
Tuesday 5/26/15: Advising from 1 pm - 4 pm
Wednesday 5/27/15: Advising from 1 pm - 4 pm; No Employment Workshop
Thursday 5/28/15: Employment Workshop at 10:30 am; Advising from 1 pm - 4 pm
Friday 5/29/15: No advising but office will remain open
- Registration for Fall 2015 classes will begin on Tuesday, June 2. If you have not done so already, check your MySJSU account for your registration start date and time. Be sure to register as soon as soon as possible to ensure that you will have a full course load to maintain your F-1 status. In addition to registration, be aware of your specific payment due date. Classes will be dropped if you do not pay on time.
- You will need to renewal your health insurance coverage for Fall 2015 before you can register for Fall classes. The University approved health insurance plan can be purchased online at www.studentinsurance.wellsfargo.com (select: 2015-2016 SJSU-International). Insurance holds will be removed within 24 hours after purchasing coverage.
- ISSS document processing time for all applications is 1-3 weeks.
- Attendance at an employment workshop is mandatory before you can apply for OPT or CPT. Employment workshops are Wednesdays from 3:00 PM -4:00 PM and Thursdays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM at Clark Hall 543.
- Fraud scheme targets foreign nationals! Read about it on USCIS's national blog.
- Graduate students: check out the GAPE Candidacy and Graduation deadlines