Students who have F-1 status may work under certain circumstances while they are in the United States. There are two major categories of work for which an international student may qualify.

  2. OFF CAMPUS EMPLOYMENT (employment must be approved by ISSS or USCIS prior to beginning; attendance at IPS F-1 employment workshop is mandatory before applying)

The following pages include a basic description of the rules, instructions of getting authorization, and information on the kinds of work which may be authorized. Please keep in mind that the information provided online is only general information and does not substitute an advising session or attendance at the mandatory F-1 Employment Workshop. See Weekly Workshops.