Below is a list of forms available for International Student Advising. Some forms are in .PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat to view, fill out and print.
- Change of Education Level at SJSU (pdf)
- Dependent I-20 Request (pdf)
- Extension of I-20 (Program) (pdf)
- I-20 Request (returning from Leave of Absence) (pdf)
- IPS Leave of Absence Form (pdf)
- 17-Month STEM Extension Application (pdf)
- Petition for Reduced Course Load/Concurrent Enrollment (pdf)
- Transfer In Form (pdf)
- Transfer Out Form (pdf)
- Post-Completion OPT Student Employment Report Form
- 17-Month (STEM) Extension Report and Validation Form
- Change of Address Form
Letter Request Forms:
Invitation Letter Request
IPS has learned in a recent update from the U.S. Department of State that invitation letters provided by Universities are not necessary and have no effect on visa issuance. "Each applicant applying for a visa must qualify on their own merits." Therefore, effective immediately, the IPS Office will no longer provide invitation letters to students for use in inviting relatives to visit them. Below is a template that you may use:
“My name is (your name). I am an F-1 international student at San José State University pursuing a (bachelor’s or master’s) in (major). I expect to complete my degree as of (month, year; May, August, or December 2013). I would like to invite my family to come to (choose: either #1: witness my University graduation on (specific date); or #2: visit me during my studies in the United States.
May I request that visitor’s visa(s) be issued to my following family members:
– Father: Mr. First Last Name DOB: Month-day-year
– Mother: Mrs. First Last Name DOB: Month-day-year
Thank you for your consideration."