Welcome to International Student Advising (ISA)
The International Student Advising (ISA) is a unit under the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS), formerly known as International Program and Services (IPS). ISA provides focused support for our increasing number of international students on all immigration advising to our F and J visa holders.
- All students who will live in University Housing this semester and plan to arrive prior to August 19th must apply for early check-in on or before Friday, July 28, 2017.
- Beginning in September all Change of Status workshops will be held on the first and last Tuesday of the month only.
All workshops have been cancelled for the week of August 15th, 2016.
- The ISSS office will be closed for Graduate Orientation on August 17, 2017.
- Our SJSU library catalog has expanded! Now you can request books from all 23 CSU campuses.
- Fraud scheme targets international students- Read about it on USCIS's national blog. USCIS nor the US Government will never ask for personal information or payment over the phone. Most calls seem to be from "911." 911 cannot call you- if they do, it is a scam.
- You will need to renew your health insurance coverage for Fall 2017 before you can register for classes. The required university health insurance plan can be purchased online. Insurance holds will be removed within 24 hours after purchasing coverage.
- Every semester you must enroll in a full course of study. If you are unsure what a full course of study is or if you would like to discuss taking less than a full course load, please speak with an ISA.
- ISSS document processing time for all applications is 1-3 weeks.
- Attendance at an employment workshop is mandatory before you can apply for OPT or CPT. Employment workshops are Wednesdays from 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and Fridays from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. in Student Union West (ISSS).
- Graduate students: check out the GAPE Candidacy and Graduation deadlines