Mon–Fri: 8 AM - 5 PM
Mon-Thurs: 10 AM- 4 PM
Clark Hall, 5th Floor, Room 543
San José State University
One Washington Square
San José, CA 95192-0221
SJSU University Police Dept.
- Read about the recent decision regarding the STEM Extension
- I-20s have a new look! All I-20s issued after June 29, 2015 have a new format. The old version of the I-20 is still valid- you may continue to use your current I-20 until July 1, 2016. ISSS will issue updated I-20s to all students by that time. If you need an updated to your I-20- like for CPT or OPT, you will automatically be issued the new I-20. Learn more at Study in the States.
- Looking for housing? Check out our Housing Resources.
- If you are doing concurrent enrollment, or need a reduced course load, please submit the RCL form by September 9, 2015.
- Fraud scheme targets international students- Read about it on USCIS's national blog. USCIS nor the US Government will never ask for personal information or payment over the phone. Most calls seem to be from "911." 911 cannot call you- if they do, it is a scam.
- Registration for Fall 2015 classes has begun. Check your MySJSU account for your registration start date and time and to register as soon as possible. Also, pay your fees on or before the payment due date. Classes will be dropped if you do not pay on time.
- You will need to renew your health insurance coverage for Fall 2015 before you can register for Fall classes. The University approved health insurance plan can be purchased online (select: 2015-2016 SJSU-International). Insurance holds will be removed within 24 hours after purchasing coverage.
- ISSS document processing time for all applications is 1-3 weeks.
- Attendance at an employment workshop is mandatory before you can apply for OPT or CPT. Employment workshops are Wednesdays from 3:00 PM -4:00 PM and Thursdays from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM at Clark Hall 543.
- Graduate students: check out the GAPE Candidacy and Graduation deadlines