Mon–Fri: 8 am - 5 pm
Mon-Wed: 10 am -12 pm, 1 pm - 3 pm
Thurs: 1 pm - 4 pm
Clark Hall, 5th Floor, Room 543
San José State University
One Washington Square
San José, CA 95192-0221
For Emergency Contact
SJSU University Police Dept.
Updates and Office Hour Changes
- NEW! Name Change: ISA is now ISSS, International Student and Scholar Services!
- NEW! Advising Hours are Monday- Wednesday 10-12 and 1-3, Thursdays 1-4.
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014: ISSS office closed for Graduate Orientation
- EMPLOYMENT WORKSHOPS CANCELLED: Wednesday August 20 & Thursday August 21
Important Deadlines and Reminders
- ISSS document processing time is 1-3 weeks. This is for all applications, including CPT and OPT. Please be sure to apply early, and make sure your application is complete at the time of submission. For more information on CPT and OPT, please see our CPT FAQs and OPT FAQs. Thank you for your patience.
- Please remember: attendance at an employment workshop is mandatory before you can apply for any type of off-campus employment, including OPT and CPT. We offer employment workshops every Wednesday from 3:00 PM -4:00 PM and every Thursday from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM at Clark Hall 543. You do not have to register in advance to attend.
- Graduate students: check out the GAPE Candidacy and Graduation deadlines
News and Events
- Check out the Spring 2014 Graduate Orientation presentations and resources web page
- Fraud scheme targets foreign nationals! Read about it on USCIS's national blog.