Dates for students arriving in Fall 2014 will be posted by May 2014
Things You Can Do Before Classes Begin
Attend the mandatory International Student Arrival Program: Time, Date and Location TBA
To do at the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) Office (Clark Hall, room 543) BEFORE the New International Student Arrival Program:
- REQUIRED Document Check-in: New Student Information Sheet, Passport, I-94, and all I-20 or DS-2019 forms issued to you from your previous school.
- Purchase health insurance online (required before registering for classes).
- View the Spring 2014 Schedule of Classes online or, to purchase a hard copy, go to the AS Print Shop.
To do at your major department:
- Meet with your academic advisor in your major department regarding what courses to take.
- Freshmen should sign up for the Calculus Placement Exam and the Physics Placement Test, if they are required for your major. See the Schedule of Classes for more details regarding information about these and other required placement tests.
To do at the Student Services Center, or through MySJSU:
- If you applied for admission using an overseas address, or have recently moved, file your new local address with the University, by logging into your MySJSU account and update your record.
- All freshmen and undergraduate transfer students are required to attend a Frosh or Transfer Orientation. Please click on the appropriate website for the Orientation dates. For more details you can visit the Student Advising Center online at https://nextsteps.sjsu.edu).
- Register for classes
- Freshmen should sign up to take the English Placement Test (EPT) and the Entry Level Mathematics (ELM) test, if required. All incoming bachelor’s degree students are required to take both exams prior to registration, unless you are exempt (see Schedule of Classes for list of exemptions). Contact the Testing Office (Tel: 408-924-5980) immediately for details if your MySJSU notice says you are required to take the test(s).
Measles-Rubella Immunization Requirements:
All new students born on or after January 1, 1957 are required to show proof of immunity to both measles and rubella. Students must fulfill this requirement during their first semester at SJSU or a hold will be placed on their registration for the second semester of classes. For more details, please visit the Measles-Rubella Immunization Requirements website.
After you have registered:
- Obtain your SJSU Student ID “Tower Card” from the Student Services Center.