MS Engineering Management Careers
An engineering management degree holder may be employed in almost any type of organization.
Most engineering managers work first as engineers before advancing into management positions.
Top 5 Industries Employing the Highest Number of Engineering Managers:
- Architecture, Engineering, and Related Services
- Navigational, Measuring, Electromedical, and Control Instruments Manufacturing
- Scientific Research and Development Services
- Electronic Component Manufacturing
- Management of Companies and Enterprises
Principal Duties Include:
- Project management
- Research and product development
- Act as overseers who formulate plans to see that projects are successfully completed
- Manage employees from various engineering disciplines as well as cross-disciplinary and global teams
- Ensure that the final product is budgeted accurately and supported by upper management