Global Spartan Welcome
Welcome to our #GlobalSpartan community!
In addition to the campus orientation program (Sparta Camp for first years, Spartan Experience for Transfers, or Graduate Student Orientation), all new international students must attend a special Global Spartan Welcome program with International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS). The Global Spartan Welcome is designed just for international students, and covers immigration and cultural topics to help prepare you for your transition to university life in the U.S.
At Global Spartan Welcome, you will:
- Learn important information about maintaining your visa status
- Explore cultural transitions and learn more about American culture
- Gain tips and strategies for academic success in the U.S.
- Connect with campus resources
- Get to know other international students
- Meet your International Student Advisors and staff who are here to support you
Once you register, more information will be sent to you regarding your Global Spartan Welcome program in July. Be sure to check your email for program updates.
Register for Global Spartan Welcome no later than July 15, 2019 here.
Global Spartan Welcome Program Dates
Program dates, duration, and content vary by population (frosh, transfer, graduate, exchange).
Frosh Program (for first year international undergraduate students)
- August 13-14, 2019 (overnight program immediately following Sparta Camp).
- Housing fee applies.
- If you attended high school in the U.S. for 2 or more years, you have the option of attending a short program on August 19, 2019 from 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Transfer Program (for undergraduate transfer students)
- Session #1: August 15, 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Session #2: August 15, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Session #3: August 19, 2019 from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Graduate Student Program (for graduate students)
- Session #1: August 16, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Session #2: August 16, 2019 from 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Session #3: August 20, 2019 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Session #4: August 20, 2019 from 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Exchange Student Program (for those on J-1 visas)
- August 19, 2019 from 8:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- No registration is required. All incoming exchange students will receive more information via email.
Questions regarding Global Spartan Welcome? Contact email@example.com.