Moving to a new place can be both exciting and a little scary. These feelings are completely normal, and you are certainly not alone. Here at SJSU, we look forward to welcoming you into our Global Spartan Community, made up of international and U.S. students, faculty, and staff who are interested in learning about others and fostering a global mindset. There are many programs and resources here to support you. You are welcome here, and you are not alone.
Things to do once you arrive at SJSU
You may encounter holds on your account, which will prevent you from registering for classes. You will be able to view any holds that may have been placed on your MySJSU account. In order to register for classes during campus orientation, you will need to remove all holds.
Below are some common holds placed on a student’s account:
- International Student Health Insurance: If you have not purchased the required health insurance, a hold will be placed on your account.
- Immunization: Proof of immunization must be submitted by the start of classes. Questions about immunization should be sent via email to email@example.com.
- Academic Advising: Some students are required to meet an Academic Advisor prior to registration. If you have an Academic Advising Hold, contact your major department to make an advising appointment.
- Transcript: You may be required to submit a final transcript or verification. Check your MySJSU
account for your personal requirements. Failure to submit transcripts before your
deadline can result in loss of admission.
- Undergraduate students submit final transcripts to Academic Advising & Retention Services (AARS).
- Graduate students submit final transcripts to Graduate Admission & Program Evaluation (GAPE).
By now, you should have already registered for a campus orientation program (frosh, transfer, graduate) and a Global Spartan Welcome program for international students. Attendance at both programs is required.
If you are an Exchange student, you are automatically registered for the Global Spartan Welcome, and you are not required to attend a campus orientation program.
You should have already received an email regarding the required Immigration Document Upload via CANVAS. Now that you have arrived in the U.S. and are able to access your electronic I-94, you can complete your document upload in CANVAS. Completion of all course assignments is required for all new F-1 international students. Deadline to complete ALL assignments: August 26, 2019.
The due date for your tuition and fees will be based on the day you register. All fees and payment deadlines are posted on your MySJSU account. Please check your MySJSU account for this information. You will not receive payment requests in the mail. If you do not consult your account and pay your fees by the deadline you will be dropped from your classes.
For details about registration fees, see the Bursar’s Office website. SJSU has partnered with Flywire (previously known as peerTransfer) to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students.
The Tower Card is your SJSU ID Card. Tower Cards are available at the Cashier's Office located in the Student Services Center. You will be required to show one form of photo ID, such as your passport or driver’s license. For more information, see the Bursar's Office Tower Card page and the Tower Card list of frequently asked questions.
Undergraduates attending Sparta Camp of the Spartan Experience for Transfers can pick up their Tower Card at orientation check-in if you submit a photo electronically by the deadline. Look for an email from the Bursar’s Office for details.