1. Register for campus orientation
All undergraduate students are required to register for and attend a campus orientation program with the office of New Student & Family Programs.
- First year students will register for a Sparta Camp program. International students will attend the August 12 - 13, 2019 session (not listed on website, but available via Next Steps).
- Transfer students will register for a Spartan Experience for Transfers program.
All new graduate students are expected to register for the Graduate Student Orientation Program via Next Steps. This is an opportunity to learn more about what life as a graduate student is like and to meet fellow U.S. and international graduate students.
2. Register for Global Spartan Welcome
In addition to campus orientation programs, all new international students are required to attend Global Spartan Welcome, hosted by International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS). This program is designed specifically for international students to provide additional immigration and cultural support.
3. Purchase International Student Health Insurance
SJSU requires all international students to purchase health insurance prior to registering for classes. Visit our insurance page to learn more about insurance requirements.
4. Be Aware of Immunization Requirements
Please be aware of the CSU mandatory immunization requirements for all new students by going to the SJSU Immunizations Requirements web page.
Questions about the immunization requirements should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.