Louie Barozzi Scholarship
2019 Louie Barozzi Scholarship recipients. From left: Hanisha Dewan (International Undergraduate recipient); Payal Raj (International Graduate recipient); Judith Bakker (Study Abroad and Away recipient)
The Louie Barozzi Scholarship recognizes San Jose State University international students and U.S. students participating in an SJSU certified Study Abroad program for their contributions to the community and commitment to international education and exchange.
Three awards are given annually: to an international undergraduate student, an international graduate student, and a Study Abroad and Away participant.
How to Apply
Eligibility Requirements for International Students
- Must be a matriculated SJSU student in F-1 status
- Must have a minimum 3.70 GPA (cumulative)
- Must be enrolled full-time (12 units as an undergraduate, or 9 units as a graduate student)
- Must not be concurrently enrolled
Preference will go to students who:
- Demonstrate active participation in on-campus events and organizations
- Demonstrate involvement in community service anywhere in the world
- Are enthusiastic about international education and exchange at SJSU
- Are able to clearly articulate how they would promote internationalization on campus