We support SJSU by providing effective, efficient computing infrastructure and integrated technology services to maximize user collaboration while protecting SJSU information resources. IT consists of five different departments with a variety of specialized units focused on specific services and technologies.
Customer Service and Information Security
- IT Service Desk: Offers technology support services to the Campus Community, including help desk, training and documentation
- Desktop Services: Provides desktop, server and networking support to computer users within specific divisions, including Administration and Finance, University Athletics, International Programs and Services and the Office of the President
- Information Security & Identity Management: Administers campus information security and identity services, including the campus electronic directory, single sign-on provisioning (SSO), centralized patch management and security standards
IT Infrastructure Services
- Computing Services: Provides campus-wide, server-based solutions to Students, Faculty, and Staff and serves as second-level support to the campus IT Service Desk
- Network Services: Implementation, support, maintenance and consulting services for LAN, WAN, wireless and data security as well as reliable data delivery, Internet accessibility, bandwidth, security management, and infrastructure design/support for moves/adds/changes
- Unified Communications: Provides all voice/data trunks and services, campus telephone system design and operations support and the moves-adds-changes process
Strategy, Planning & Business Services
Strategy and Planning: Plans and facilitates the determination of strategic actions that are used to set the IT Division’s priorities and ensure that employees and stakeholders are working toward common vision and goal. Continually assesses and adjusts the IT Division’s strategic direction based on changing requirements and the course of higher education and technology ecosystem.
Budget Planning: Assists the VP-IT & CIO in the development of multiyear business budget plan. Manages the division’s budgeting, forecasting, tracking and balancing processes.
Business Operations: Provides operational support to IT Staff for procurement, billing, event planning, Human Resources, payroll, travel and training.
IT Communication: Manages and orchestrates all internal and external communications aimed at crucial SJSU stakeholders, including Students, Faculty, and Staff. Engages critical target audiences and tells the IT Division story through a variety of creative methods, including new media, presentations, social networking, direct marketing, video, print, web, email, and news media.
Portfolio and Project Management: Collaborates with functional stakeholders, IT Leadership Team and the CIO in the development of IT roadmaps to ensure alignment with the University’s strategic initiatives and division financial targets.
Collaboration & Academic Technology Services
- Classroom Technology Services: Advises, plans, installs, upgrades and tests media setups in Instructional and Meeting Spaces
- Video Production and Photography: Provides professional video and photography production services for Faculty and Staff including editing, new media production and consulting, and online publishing
- Instructional and Meeting Spaces: Provides support for large number of instructional meeting space and a wide range of audio/visual equipment, computers and accessories
Enterprise Systems: Supports and maintains campus enterprise systems, such as Oracle/PeopleSoft (MySJSU) and the Common Finance System (CFS) as well as provides programming and consulting services.
Web and Campus Applications: Supports and maintains campus applications (such as Email and GSuite, OnBase, DocuSign, Zoom, iSupport, FTS); provides Website development, hosting and support; Digital signage; additional tools; as well as consulting, application integration, and custom development.
Student Data Warehouse (SDW): Campus data and analytical dashboards on various subject areas that offer insightful analysis and data visualization capabilities. SDW is primarily sourced from PeopleSoft Campus Solution and Human Relations instances.
Database Administrators: Establishes and administers policies, standards and procedures for strategic data planning, data analysis and modeling as well as structures, implements, maintains and monitors database systems to optimize data access and security.