Network Configuration, Repair and VPN
We offer Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) services for all divisions.
The service is hosted on the Infoblox appliance, is fully redundant and can be administered centrally by Network Services or remotely by department-based IT support personnel.
Repair (voice and data cabling)
IT is responsible for the maintenance, repair and installation of all SJSU voice and data cable. To request service and/or repairs, please complete our Telephone and Network (Internet) Service Request Form.
The type of information that should be included with your cabling request is predicated upon the complexity of the job:
- If the scope of work is adding one telephone line to a location, the work request could simply state that requirement.
- If the project includes new construction, remodeling of existing spaces or demolition work, a written scope of work and a floor plan or blue prints will be required.
The information required to create your cabling request(s) would include, but not be limited to the following:
- Requestor’s name and contact information
- Primary contact name and contact information, if applicable
- Best time(s) for a callback to schedule a walk-through inspection
- Brief description of the location and scope of work
Upon receipt of the initial request, a walk-through inspection will be scheduled by an Information Technology cabling technician.
Quotation and Work Schedule
Once our cabling technician has completed the walk-rough inspection and examined all relevant documentation, a quote will be created and sent to the requestor for approval. When we receive the signed quote with a charge code from the requestor, the materials will be ordered and the work scheduled.
SJSU is a Commscope Systimax Structured Cabling Systems site. All our Information Technology cable technicians have completed Commscope installation training, authorizing them to perform fiber optic cable installation and testing, and UTP copper cable installation and testing.
When installed and managed by an SJSU Systimax certified technician, Commscope covers the cable under a 20-year warranty. In addition to the Commscope standards, our Information Technology cable technicians are also familiar with the SJSU Campus Cabling Standards.
VPN @ SJSU
VPN@SJSU provides web-based remote access, aka 'virtual private network'. VPN allows users outside of the SJSU network access to restricted resources (such as connecting to file shares, servers and desktops) on the SJSU network as if they are physically located on the SJSU campus.
VPN@SJSU is available to students, faculty and staff with an active SJSUOne account. Affiliates can gain access through a departmental request.
SJSU doesn't prevent the use of VPN from other countries, but some countries prevent the use of VPN services from accessing American networks.
- Cisco AnyConnect: Connects your computer directly to the SJSU network allowing you full access to servers and applications
- iOS VPN: Full network connection option for Apple iPads, iPhones and iPod Touch devices through Cisco AnyConnect available from the Apple App Store
- An active SJSUOne account
- A Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android or Apple device running iOS
- Windows, OSx and Linux clients must have an anti-virus program installed
SJSU students, faculty and staff can download the Sophos anti-virus software for free at SJSU Anti-Virus
The VPN@SJSU service provides a fully encrypted connection between the client device (laptop, smartphone, PDA, tablet, etc.) and the SJSU network, providing access identical to systems connected with a cable in a SJSU facility.
Connect to VPN@SJSU
- Download and install the Cisco AnyConnect Client
- Enter the server name of vpn.sjsu.edu, and then click 'Connect'
- Use your SJSUOne ID and password to connect