Information Security Awareness Training
Did you know?
- SJSU Received more than 100,000 attempts to “phish” for SJSUOne usernames and passwords in the last year
- SJSU reported one dozen FERPA violations during 2017
Skillport Online Training
SJSU’s Training Application, Skillport, provides a brief online introduction to computer security and FERPA issues. These tutorials take approximately 30 minutes to complete and provide some essential information about computer security and campus policy. To access your training:
- Visit the SJSU Skillport Portal.
- Login using your SJSUOne account.
- At your Skillport home page, select “View My Plan”.
- Locate the training course you with to take and click “Launch” to begin.
Per ICSUAM8035, “Data Security & Privacy” and “FERPA & Protecting Education” are required courses for SJSU Faculty and Staff. Other courses are available in Skillport, which provide more detailed information on specific areas such as HIPAA (Health) and PCI (Credit Card) data usage.
To inquire about requesting a special in-person computer security awareness training for your department, unit or group, please contact email@example.com.