Software Installation Instructions
Microsoft Windows, Office, Project
Microsoft Windows and Office are available at low or no cost to Faculty, Staff and Students. Note that Microsoft Project requires management approval.
- Student, Faculty & Staff Owned Machines - Visit Microsoft Office for Students. The Office Edition reports to the SJSU central server.
- For Campus Owned Machines - Software installation should be performed by desktop/lab technical support staff. View the Desktop Service list to locate your department IT Tech.
- Faculty & Staff Owned Machines - Microsoft Work at Home Software can be ordered at the San Jose State University’s Academic Software Center.
Sophos Antivirus Software
Sophos antivirus software offers business-grade security protection against ransomware, malicious software and hacking attempts for your personal or campus-owned machine. To download Sophos Antivirus, visit SJSU Antivirus.
Adobe Creative Suite is available to Students and Staff.
- Campus-Owned Machines: Contact the IT Support Desk to perform your software installation.
- Faculty and Staff: Purchase Microsoft Office 365 University Edition at Spartan Bookstore/Microsoft Products.
Lucidchart is an easy-to-use cloud-based application for creating flowcharts and diagrams. To request Lucidchart, complete the appropriate form:
- Students and Faculty: Complete the Student and Faculty License Request
- Staff and Administrators: Complete the Software License Request