Software Installation Instructions
Microsoft Windows, Office, Project
Microsoft Windows and Office are available at low or no cost to Faculty, Staff and Students. Note that Microsoft Project requires management approval.
- Student, Faculty & Staff Owned Machines - Visit Microsoft Office for Students. The Office Edition reports to the SJSU central server.
- For Campus Owned Machines - Software installation should be performed by desktop/lab technical support staff. View the Desktop Service list to locate your department IT Tech.
- Faculty & Staff Owned Machines - Microsoft Work at Home Software can be ordered at the San Jose State University’s Academic Software Center.
Sophos Antivirus Software
Sophos antivirus software offers business-grade security protection against ransomware, malicious software and hacking attempts for your personal or campus-owned machine. To download Sophos Antivirus, visit SJSU Antivirus.
Adobe Creative Suite is available to Students and Staff.
- Campus-Owned Machines: Contact the IT Support Desk to perform your software installation.
- Faculty and Staff: Purchase Microsoft Office 365 University Edition at Spartan Bookstore/Microsoft Products.
Lucidchart is an easy-to-use cloud-based application for creating flowcharts and diagrams. To request Lucidchart, complete the appropriate form:
- Students and Faculty: Complete the Student and Faculty License Request
- Staff and Administrators: Complete the Software License Request
SPSS software from IBM is available to all currently enrolled students, faculty and staff. Please review the installation instructions folder in order to obtain the SPSS license key: SPSS Statistical Software Download
SPSS - AMOS
AMOS software is only available to university faculty. Because SJSU has a limited number of AMOS licenses, requests for this software must be approved, please fill out the Software Request form to obtain this software: Software License Request
SAS software is only available to university faculty for university related research. Because SJSU has a limited number of SAS licenses, requests for this software must be approved, please fill out the Software Request form to obtain this software: Software License Request
FileMaker Pro Advanced
FileMaker's workplace innovation platform makes it easy to design and create custom apps and databases for Windows, Mac, mobile devices, and the web, with multiple means to share solutions with others and to integrate with other technologies.
SJSU students can download FileMaker Pro Advanced by completing the instructions on FileMaker Software Allowance for SJSU Students.
For Other Applications
Visit eCampus - for Canvas, Camtasia, Snagit, Zoom, Turitin, and other applications