OnBase is a document management system used by multiple departments on campus to store document images and files on a central server. OnBase enables scanning, storage, and retrieval of paper documents as well as importing, storage and retrieval of electronic files. It also helps to manage process workflow by routing documents to queues custom-designed for individual departmental needs.
Any member of the Campus Community with access to an OnBase solution can use the software.
OnBase allows the campus community to simplify document-based processes by managing them electronically, making sharing access simpler and by automatic workflow to make processes faster, more efficient, and less costly. OnBase offers the following additional benefits:
- Audit trails
- Configurable security
- Integration with other data systems
- Automated notifications
- Document retention management
- Inter-departmental collaboration
Available if an application requires advanced functionality that is not readily available in the web client or for heavy OnBase users. The Unity Client must be installed on a system and requires Internet Explorer for the installation.
Web Client supports the following web browsers:
- Google Chrome (version 57 and greater)
- Firefox (version 52 and greater)
- Internet Explorer version 11
- Microsoft Edge will be supported with Onbase 18
- Safari (versions 9-11 for Mac OS X. 11.1 will be supported with OnBase 18)
- Windows 7 SP1 or greater
- CPU: 1.6 GHz dual-core (2.4 GHz dual-core recommended)
- Memory: 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
No additional costs, but product-specific licenses for new technologies may incur additional costs.
To request OnBase, complete the OnBase Service Request Form . The information submitted via this form will facilitate the planning, prioritization, implementation, and ultimate support of the OnBase solution that best meets your needs.
If you are not able to access the OnBase Service Request Form, please contact the IT Service Desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 408-924-1530.
Online videos and other resources are available to SJSU employees. For access, you must create an account.
To create an account:
- Visit the Hyland website.
- Select the Register Now link; follow the directions
- Use your @sjsu.edu email address as your username.
- Enter a password.
- Account request can take up to 2 business days to complete the process.
Login to the training site:
- Once you have an account, go to the OnBase Training webpage.
- Login with your username and password.
- Select the Premium tab at the top of the page to view a list of available training videos
- eLearning: End User Training Courses
- Learning Paths Gallery - Role-based Paths
- All OnBase Training Courses