Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I still have to take Chem30A for the major if I have taken Chem1A?
- Can I be exempt from Kin100W?
- If I participate in a sport/physical activity can I get the 2 units of PE required by the university to be waived?
- Can I minor in Kinesiology? What classes do I need to take?
- When is the deadline for applying to be a Kinesiology major?
- When are major forms and graduation applications due?
- When are my professor/advisor's office hours?
- What are the prerequisites for Physical Therapy School?
- How do I find out more the grad program?
- I am not a declared kinesiology major, who can I meet with for advising?
- How do I make a donation directly to KIN?
No. If you have taken a more advanced Chemistry class, then you do not have to take Chem30A.
Only if you have taken and passed 100W in a different major, can you be exempt. But 100W is required by the major and must be taken.
If you are involved in an intercollegiate sport, 1 unit of PE is waived. However, all students are required to take the 2 units of PE.
Yes, you can! See http://info.sjsu.edu/web-dbgen/catalog/departments/KIN-section-4.html
January 10 or June 10 (or the following Monday if that date falls on a weekend). Full details are at: sjsu.edu/kinesiology/generalinfo/
Dates are sent to KIN majors who are signed up on the department email distribution list, via email.
To find out when office hours are held for each professor, contact the Kin office.
SJSU’s Pre-Physical Therapy Club is more than happy to answer any questions about prospective physical therapy school students. Contact information for the club is on their bulletin board in SPX.
Any questions about the graduate program are answered by Dr. Butryn. Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact the Kinesiology Advising Manager; see sjsu.edu/kinesiology/contacts/
Information on how to make donations to the KIN Department can be found at: sjsu.edu/kinesiology/Donations