The students (approximately 900 undergrad and 100 graduate) in our department major in Kinesiology. Overwhelmingly, our students find themselves enthused about some form of human movement: physical activity in general, physical fitness, exercise, sports, or wellness. The department has approximately twenty one full-time faculty with areas of expertise ranging from Exercise Physiology to Sport History.
Graduates of our department include:
- Two coaches of NFL Super Bowl Champion teams - Bill Walsh and Dick Vermeil
- US Senator - Ben Nighthorse Campbell
- Former PGA player, US Open winner, and broadcaster - Ken Venturi
- LPGA golfer - Tracey Hanson
- First female athletic trainer in the NFL - Ariko Iso
- Renowned for his work in sport psychology - Dr. Dan Landers of Arizona State University.
We take pride in the good relations we've maintained with professionals in our region. In many cases these connections have produced valuable internship and career opportunities for our students.
In an atmosphere of social justice, equity, and respect for diversity, the mission of the Department of Kinesiology is to create and disseminate knowledge; engage in community service; prepare and graduate exemplary kinesiology professionals; as well as meet individual and societal needs for physical activity, sport, movement, and wellness. (11/2017)
We will be a preeminent, globally-connected kinesiology department recognized for excellence and innovation in teaching and learning, research, scholarship, creative activity, and community engagement. (10/2017)
Donate to the Department of Kinesiology
Consider donating to the Department of Kinesiology by clicking on the "Donate Now" link below. This will take you to the department's donation page.