Wondering if Kinesiology is the right major for you? Check out the SJSU 'major finder':
For general information on impaction in the California State University system, go to: Impacted Undergraduate Majors and Campuses 2018-2019 (then scroll down to San José State University).
Undeclared or Change of Major
If you are Undeclared and wish to declare Kinesiology as your major, or if you are declared in another major and wish to Change Majors to Kinesiology, please review the requirements listed here: Undeclared and Change of Major Information.
The Department of Kinesiology only accepts Change of Major Applications twice per academic year:
- On or before June 10th for Fall Semester
- On or before January 10th for Spring Semester
If you are qualified and would like to apply, you will need to submit the following items to the main Kinesiology Office, SPX 102 (Attn: Department Chair):
- A completed Department of Kinesiology Change of Major Application:
- Appropriate SJSU Change of Major form (no need for signatures at this point)
- Please be sure to indicate the correct major on your Change of Major form:
- BS: Kinesiology
- BS: Kinesiology - Preparation for Teaching
- A copy of your most recent (unofficial) transcript with your four qualifying classes highlighted (this can be obtained via MySJSU)