NOTE: Due to the Commission on Accreditation on Athletic Training Education (CAATE) recently approved requirement that accredited professional athletic training programs must result in the granting of a master's degree in Athletic Training, the current post-professional program (GATEP) at SJSU will be discontinued and will be no longer be accepting applications after Fall 2018. The Fall 2018 class will be the final cohort of GATEP students.
Applications for the Graduate Athletic Training Education Program (GATEP) are accepted for Fall enrollment only. Applications for the Fall 2018 class are due April 1, 2018. All applications will be reviewed for graduate assistantships, no separate form exists.
The applications below are not for admission to the San Jose State University Graduate School. A separate application for admission to graduate study at SJSU must be submited by following the steps outlined here. No action will be taken on the GATEP application until the applicant has been admitted to SJSU Graduate School.
- Candidates must have completed a CAATE accredited Undergraduate Athletic Training Education Program and show proof of BOC certification.
- GPA of 3.0
- GRE scores are required and can be submited to the Department of Kinesiology - Graduate Athletic Training Education Program. They may also be submitted elctronically when you take the test by selecting SJSU GRE code: 4687.
- Candidates must be admitted to San Jose State University and the Department of Kinesiology in addition to the Graduate Athletic Training Education Program, and have completed the application process.
- At the discretion of the selection committee, applicants who have deficiencies in one or more of the required admission areas may be given "conditionally classified" admission status, with full admission ("classified" status) contingent upon the satisfactory completion of deficiencies.
- Acceptance is conditional based on acceptance to San Jose State University. Students are considered accepted to the GATEP only after they have received formal written notice and have returned the letter of intent with a signature.