Applications for the Graduate Athletic Training Education
Program are accepted for Fall enrollment only. Applications are due
January 5th each Spring. All applications will be reviewed for
graduate assistantships, no separate form exists.
The applications below are not for admission to the San Jose State University Graduate School. A separate application for admission to graduate study must be filed with the Admissions and Records Office. No action will be taken on the GATEP application until the applicant has been admitted to SJSU Graduate School.
- Candidates must have completed a CAATE accredited Undergraduate Athletic Training Education Program
- GPA of 3.0
- GRE scores highly recommended (mailed to the Department of Kinesiology - Graduate Athletic Training Education Program)
- Candidates must be admitted to San Jose State University and the Department of Kinesiology in addition to the Graduate Athletic Training Education Program, and have completed the application process.
- At the discretion of the selection committee, applicants who have deficiencies in one or more of the required admission areas may be given "conditionally classified" admission status, with full admission ("classified" status) contingent upon the satisfactory completion of deficiencies.
- Acceptance is conditional based on acceptance to San Jose State University. Students are considered accepted to the GATEP only after they have received formal written notice and have returned the letter of intent with a signature.