Current Students


We're here to support you in your quest for knowledge, understanding, and practical skills. We encourage you to connect with both your peers and professors. The connections forged here will continue to serve you well beyond your years at SJSU.

This portion of the site is designed to acquaint you with the information and procedures pertinent to completing the Bachelors Degree in Kinesiology, as well as your Masters Degree in Kinesiology.

kin students working at rock n roll marathon

General Information



Tips for Success

  • Get an undergraduate Kinesiology program handbook from the KIN main office (or use the online version) and reference it frequently.
  • Make sure the department (provide to staff in main office) and the University (online through mysjsu) have your correct email address.
  • Check for messages at mysjsu regularly. Notices from the university are posted there pertaining to your enrollment and progress to your degree.
  • Check the KIN bulletin boards in Spartan Complex weekly for announcements and/or academic deadlines.
  • Each semester (before enrollment period opens) meet with your Kinesiology academic advisor to review progress and plan next steps.
  • Take the Writing Skills Test (WST) as soon as possible after finishing English 1B. See web site for information and test dates.
  • Get involved! Whether through Greek Life, an honor society, or a student club, you will find that having a network of friends in and outside the Kinesiology program is invaluable and that experiences outside of the classroom are as important as those in the classroom.

Kinesiology Minor


This minor is comprised of 18 units of coursework: 9 units required; 9 units elective.

  • Once you've selected Kinesiology as your minor, contact our Advising Manager to find out who your academic advisor is.
  • Connect with your academic advisor to confer on course selection and progress throughout your studies.
  • You will need to complete all requirements listed on the Minor Form before filing for graduation.
  • Minor form available at this link

Kinesiology Scholarships

How to Apply for Graduation

A year before you plan to graduate, the following are needed:

  • Have your General Education coursework evaluated to be certain all requirements met. Your Kinesiology Advisor can give you the phone number to call to schedule an appointment.
  • Fill out and turn in to the Kinesiology Advising Manager your Major form - signed by your advisor.
  • Check the online catalog information regarding Filing Your Application for Graduation
  • Submit your completed Major/Minor forms and your receipted Application for Graduation to the Office of Admissions by the deadline set by SJSU.

>Back to Top