Criteria to Change/declare a minor in Business
Minor in Business for Undergraduate Students (except Aviation, Industrial Technology, and Business Majors)
The Business Minor is designed for students majoring in any non-business degree. The Business Minor provides course work through which non-business students can obtain skills and learn tools used in business.
Declare the Business minor when you meet the eligibility requirements below:
- SJSU Cum GPA: 2.6 or better
- Complete the following requirements:
- Bus3 160 – Fundamentals of Management & Organizational Behavior
- One additional business minor requirement
Note: All Business Administration majors will receive first consideration when enrolling in business courses.
To earn the business minor degree students must:
- Earn a combined cumulative GPA of 2.0 (“C”) or above in all requirements for the minor
- 6 units must be completed in residence at San José State University.
- At least 12 units of minor coursework must be completely distinct and separate from the course work in the major (University Policy S16-4). Courses in support or preparation of the major may be included in the minor.
Minor in Business for Aviation Majors
Aviation majors take most of the courses they need for a minor in Business while they complete support course and major requirements for the degree. The minor in Business is encouraged for all Aviation majors, but is not required at this time. This form describes the most common Business minor courses taken by Aviation majors – this is not a formally agreed upon minor program, so it requires review and approval by the Jack Holland Student Success Center (JHSSC) staff. If you are an Aviation major and would like to complete a minor in Business, please first consult with your major advisor and review the minor requirements. Then meet with an advisor in the Jack Holland Student Success Center to complete a minor form.
Minor in Business Industrial Technology Majors
The curricular path for a Minor in Business with an Emphasis in Management for Industrial Technology Majors is based on the recommendations of faculty and administrators from the Lucas College of Business and the Department of Aviation & Technology.
If you would like to complete a Minor in Business with an Emphasis in Management for Industrial Technology Majors, first consult with your major advisor and review the minor requirements via your MyProgress Report. Then meet with an advisor in the Jack Holland Student Success Center to complete a minor form.