Academic plan for Entrepreneurship: Freshmen
|Fall (16 Units)||Spring (16 Units)|
|ENGL 1A: Composition I||ENGL 1B: Composition 2|
|ORAL COMM (A1)||MATH 71 Business Calculus (Business Pool & B4)*|
|ARTS (C1)||AMERICAN INSTITUTIONS (F1-2-3/D2-3)|
|AMERICAN INSTITUTIONS (F1-2-3/D2-3)||LIFE SCIENCE (B2)|
|BUS 10: Discovering Business||PE (1 Unit)|
|PE (1 Unit)||HUMAN UNDERSTAND. & DEV. (E)|
|Fall (16 Units)||Spring (14 Units)|
|Bus 20: Financial Accounting||Bus 90: Business Statistics|
|Bus 80: Legal Environment of Business||Bus 91L: Business Computer Tools|
|ECON 1A: Principles of Economics:Macroeconomics||ECON 1B: Principles of Economics:Microeconomics|
|Letters (C2)||CRITICAL THINKING (A3)|
|PHYSICAL SCIENCE (B1)||BUS1 21: Managerial Accounting|
|Fall (15 Units)||Spring (15 Units)|
|COMM 100W, ENGL 100W or LLD100W||BUS 131D: Marketing in New Ventures|
|BUS 130: Introduction to Marketing||BUS 173C: Small Business Finance|
|BUS 170: Fundamentals of Finance||BUS 187: Global Dimensions of Business|
|BUS 160: Fundamentals of Management and Organizational Behavior||BUS 190: Quantitative Business Analysis|
|BUS 181: Introduction to Entrepreneurship||CULTURE & CIVILIZATION (Non Bus Global & Area V)|
|Fall (15 Units)||Spring (13 Units)|
|ENTREPRENEURSHIP ELECTIVE||ENTREPRENEURSHIP ELECTIVE|
|ENTREPRENEURSHIP ELECTIVE||EARTH & ENVIRONMENT (Area R)|
|BUS 140: Fundamentals of Operations Management||INTERDISCIPLINARY ELECTIVES (4 units)|
|BUS 188: Business Systems and Policy||BUS 189: Strategic Management|
|PHIL 186 Professional and Business Ethics|
- Must earn from of "C" or better in BUS 20, BUS 90, MATH 70 (MATH 71 for freshmen admitted fall 2010 or later), and ENGL 1B beginning in Fall 2009. Prior to fall 2009, grades of "C-" or better are acceptable in most cases. Accounting majors must earn "C" or better in BUS 20 regardless of semester taken. MATH 70 or 71 requires a grade of "C" or better to earn GE credit.
- Business Pool Clearance is needed only for students who begin at SJSU as freshmen
- One science class (B1 or B2) must have a lab.
- All courses within the Entrepreneurship concentration require grades of C- or better.
- SJSU Studies courses require a passing score on WST & Junior level standing.
- Elective units may be required to earn 120.0 semester units for graduation.