Before the semester ends, our goal is to help as many students as possible with their Fall 2016 semester plan. We will offer all day walk-in hours Monday, May 2, 2016 - Friday, May 13, 2016.
- Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday: 9:00 am - 12:30 pm (Except - Friday, May 13, 2016 walk-in ends at 12:00pm.)
As a result, we will have limited appointments during this time period. Our normal Spring 2016 center hours will resume on Monday, May 16, 2016 - Friday, May 27, 2016. In the summer, the center will also be open for advising.
The Jack Holland Student Success Center is the central advisement office for all undergraduate and 2nd baccalaureate business majors. The Jack Holland Student Success Center provides information regarding academic planning (includes general education and major course requirements), college and university policies and procedures, advice for students on probation and those who have been academically disqualified from the university, and graduation.
At the Jack Holland Student Success Center, we are committed to fostering a diverse and supportive community of life-long independent learners by providing comprehensive services to enhance the overall undergraduate experience.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students who use the Jack Holland Student Success Center will demonstrate:
- Define their short-term and long-term goals in reflection of their values, interests, strengths, and challenges.
- Articulate their goals during advising sessions.
- Discuss problems they face by assessing their cause, how to resolve them, and how to avoid them in the future.
- Identify websites, campus offices, and faculty and/or staff they can discuss with.
- Understand information from university resources to periodically assess progress toward achieving goals (e.g., degree checklist, degree audit reports, information from faculty and staff).
- Knowledge of departmental and university processes and policies.
- Build connections and network with campus clubs groups, students, etc.
- Understand how their course selection can help them explore and select alternative concentrations.
- Schedule courses so they can graduate in a timely manner based on their educational plan.
- Know what they can do with a chosen major.
- Clarification of the advising relationship – expectations of advisors and advisees
- Seek and value regular and continued advising
Please follow the link to submit the survey
Survey Link Here