Academic plan for International Business: Freshmen
|Fall (16 Units)||Spring (16 Units)|
|ENGL 1A: Composition I||ENGL 1B: Composition 2
(or, if continuous enrollment began Fall 2015 or later, English 2)
|BUS 10: Discovering Business||MATH 71 Business Calculus (Business Pool & B4)*|
|Hist. and Govt. (F1-2-3/D2-3)||HIST/GOVT (F1-2-3/D2-3)|
|PHYSICAL SCIENCE (B1)||Life Science (B2)|
|ARTS (C1)||Oral Comm. (A1)|
|PE (1 Unit)||PE (1 Unit)|
|Fall (15 Units)||Spring (16 Units)|
|ECON 1A: Principles of Economics:Macroeconomics||ECON 1B: Principles of Economics:Microeconomics|
|Bus 20: Financial Accounting||BUS 21: Managerial Accounting|
|Bus 80: Legal Environment of Business||Bus 90: Business Statistics|
|Critical Thinking (A3)||Bus 91L: Business Computer Tools|
|Letters (C2)||Human understanding and devel. (E)|
|Fall (15 Units)||Spring (16 Units)||Summer(3 units)|
|COMM 100W, ENGL 100W or LLD100W**||BUS 133A: International Marketing||PHIL 186: Professional and Business Ethics|
|BUS 130: Introduction to Marketing||BUS 170: Fundamentals of Finance|
|BUS 160: Fundamentals of Management and Organizational Behavior||BUS 188: Business Systems and Policy|
|BUS 187: Global Dimensions of Business||COMM 173: Intercultural Communication and Global Understanding|
|ECON 136: International Economics||Area studies elect.|
|Fall (15 Units)||Spring (15 Units)|
|BUS 162: International and Comparative Management||BUS 140: Fundamentals of Operations Management|
|BUS 177: International Business Finance||BUS 166: Business and Society|
|BUS 190: Quantitative Business Analysis||BUS 189: Strategic Management|
|Area studies elect.||Area studies elect.|
|Cult. and Civ. (V)||Earth & Envir. (R)|
- Electives may be needed to earn 120 units.
- English 1A requires an EPT exemption or passing score.
- Math 70 requires an ELM exemption or passing score.
- Must earn from of "C" or better in BUS 20, BUS 90, MATH 70 (MATH 71 for freshmen admitted fall 2010 or later), and ENGL 1B (or, if continuous enrollment began Fall 2015 or later, English 2) beginning in Fall 2009. Prior to fall 2009, grades of "C-" or better are acceptable in most cases. Accounting majors must earn "C" or better in BUS 20 regardless of semester taken. MATH 70 or 71 requires a grade of "C" or better to earn GE credit.
- Phil 186, 100W, and advanced general education courses (R, V) require a passing score on the WST.
- One science class (B1, B2, or B5) must have a lab.
- As of Fall 2003, BUS 163 is changed to BUS 161A and BUS 161 is BUS 161B. BUS 161A is prerequisite to BUS 161B.
- Proficiency in a foreign language is required (For. Lang. 1A,1B). See BSAC Advisor for details.
- As of fall 2007, COMM 173 replaces COMM 174
- Minimum units required for graduation is 120.