5th Annual Rainbow Graduation Ceremony
Featuring Keynote Speaker
Mayor of Campbell
Evan Low was elected to the Campbell City Council in November 2006 and was re-elected in November 2010. He currently works as a Senior District Representative for State Assemblymember Paul Fong. He attended De Anza Community College and received his Associates Degree in Liberal Arts. Evan also went to San Jose State University where he received a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science then graduated from the Senior Executives in State and Local Government Program at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
Date: Thursday, May 23rd
Time: 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Everyone is welcome to join the celebration!
What Rainbow Graduation Is:
- Something you would invite your family/close friends/those most important to you
- An opportunity to honor YOU
- Your formal induction into the ranks of SJSU LGBT Graduate Alumni
- Although many people do get dressed up for the event, it tends to be a queer littleget together, with all the uniqueness of our community, so be yourself
- Something that has GREAT food
- Something you’d ask a favorite professor/those who have affected you at SJSU to attend
- The last formal program of the year from the LGBT Resource Center
- Lots of fun
- The event where you get a Rainbow Tassel (Woo Hoo!)
What Rainbow Graduation Is Not:
- An actual graduation (it is a celebration, you don’t get a diploma or anything, but a nifty colorful certificate)
- A substitute for attending your actual graduation
- Something you would want to miss
All students will be given at least two minutes to talk if they so wish to take time to thanks family members, partners, talk about their struggles and triumphs in school and/or give advise to those following, etc.
When you register you will be asked it you would like to apply to speak at graduation, please note this is for a formal speech (5 to 10 min).
Are you a graduating senior Spring 2013 or Fall 2013?
Congratulations! Then you are eligible to participate in this years celebration!
To register for the Graduation please follow the link to fill out the registration form by Thursday, May 16th.