For Transfer Students:
All transfer students need to attend a Transfer Advising Session before they can be advised.
For Graduating Students:
Meet with the Liberal Studies advisor to apply for graduation. Visit CL 244 to make an appointment.
Liberal Studies is an interdisciplinary major offering courses in humanities, the arts, mathematics, science, and the social sciences.
Liberal Studies offers the following:
- The BA in Teacher Preparation is an approved Subject Matter Preparation Program for those who plan to become multiple-subject K-8 teachers in California.
- The Humanities BA - Liberal Arts Concentration focuses on courses in culture, thought, art and world religions. Liberal Arts students acquire skills such as critical thinking and communication skills that prepare them to enter a variety of careers and translate directly to job performance. Some of these careers include law, nonprofit work, education administration, sales, communications, human resources and public relations.
- The Cross-Cultural Studies in Mexican and American Education. This program is currently suspended due to a U.S. Department of State travel warning.
Be sure you visit the ADVISING HUB, a resource for all SJSU students. Once there, we encourage you to click on INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS. Regardless of whether you are new to our campus, a continuing student or ready to graduate, you will find the information you need on this website.
Liberal Studies is an Impacted Major
The Fall 2013 Frosh minimum eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Minimum SAT E.I. - 3200
- Minimum ACT E.I. - 762
The Fall 2013 Transfer minimum eligibility criteria for CA Resident is a minimum GPA of 2.40
Changing Major to Liberal Studies
- Complete at least 12 units at SJSU.
- Have an SJSU minimum GPA of 2.40.