2013 Linguistics & TESOL Symposium
Call for Abstracts
We hereby announce a call for abstracts for the 2013 Linguistics & TESOL Symposium
at SJSU, organized by the LLDSA. This event is designed to showcase the great diversity and quality of student work
in our department. An invitation to present is extended to all current students of
SJSU (graduate and undergraduate) as well as alumni and recent graduates. You will
be strengthening your academic CV.
Name: 2013 Linguistics & TESOL Symposium at SJSU.
Date: September 20th, 9am-5pm.
Cost: Free and open to the public.
Info for presenters
- Talk length: 20 min. (15 to present, 5 for q&a)
- Graduates, undergradates, and alumni of our department are all welcome to apply!
- Subjects: Any personal research in Linguistics or TESOL undertaken at SJSU or stemming from it.
- Criteria for selection: Relevance of research, quality of presentation, and balance of presenters. We want to give a voice to undergraduate, graduate, and alumni presenters at this event. Final selection will be done together with the LLDSA faculty advisors.
- Please email a detailed abstract of your talk, along with your contact information, to email@example.com. Abstract submission deadline: Sep 6th (fri) at midnight.
Contact us if you have any questions. Students, please encourage each other to participate. As always, contributing to the LLDSA will help us make events like this better. You may buy custom-designed LING & TESOL Memorabilia at our online store. Or you may submit a donation: mark us as the recipients of your donation: "Linguistics and Language Development Student Association at SJSU" (LLDSA).