Instructions for International Applicants
MBA, MS in Accountancy, and MS in Taxation Programs
Complete the international application online at calstate.edu/apply:
You will receive an important email from GAPE (Graduate Admissions) in 7-10 business
days which will include your nine digit San Jose State ID and instructions on how
to set up your SJSUONE account. If you do not receive your ID within that time period,
contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your full name, birth date, and mailing address for identity verification
Once you access your MySJSU account, you will be able to check the status of your applications.
After receiving your ID, submit your official transcripts to GAPE
- For transcripts from institutions in the United States and Canada:
• Collect your official transcripts (in sealed envelopes)
Please include your assigned nine-digit SJSU ID# on the requested
transcripts. Submit one transcript from ALL higher education institutions attended
(even if you did not get your degree) to the Graduate Admissions and Program
Evaluations Office by mail or in-person. All transcripts must be sealed and
unopened in order to be accepted as official documents. COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS
OR OPENED TRANSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please mail documents to:
San Jose State University – Graduate Admissions
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0017
- For transcripts or degrees and credentials earned outside of the United States and
•Graduate Admissions (GAPE) requires that you submit a WES document by
document (Basic or ICAP) evaluation. You may find an application and directions on
the WES (World Education Services) website located
at https://www.wes.org/. When completed, WES will submit a
copy of your transcripts, degree, and credential evaluation directly to GAPE
electronically. Transcripts sent directly to GAPE will not be considered for
Check your MySJSU account frequently to review the items on your "to do" list and to monitor the status of your application. Your MySJSU account is the first and best place for information on your application status. SJSU communicates almost entirely by messages with important and timely notices on admission, fees, financial aid, testing, transcript information, and deadlines.
Absolute Document Deadlines
Step 3: Lucas School's Program Specific Required Items:
(Please note that these items do not appear on your MySJSU "to do" list)
- GMAT/GRE score - Be sure to indicate San Jose State University as a score recipient of the exam. This will enable us to access the score on the ETS or GMAT secure website. The GRE school code is 4687.
- CPA (MS Tax applications only-in lieu of GMAT/GRE) - confirmation of passing all four parts of the exam or license.
- Statement of Purpose - Include your plans for future occupation or profession, and any additional information that may aid the Admissions Committee in evaluating your preparation and your aptitude for study in your graduate business program. It should be 1.5 pages double spaced and limited to approximately 500 words.
- Send your Resume, Statement of Purpose and CPA verification as attachments by email to: email@example.com Include your nine digit SJSU ID and name in the body of the email message.
Step 4: Letters of reference
Required for the MSA, Optional for the MBA and MS Tax.
- Two letters of reference from either faculty members and/or current or former employers. The Lucas School does not have a standard recommendation form.
- We ask that each recommender submit their letter on either University or Company letterhead. Please include contact information.
- TThe recommendation letter should contain information about you that the Admissions Committee would not otherwise know by reviewing the basic University application. The recommender's insights could include information about your ability to succeed in a rigorous program such as this, your leadership ability, maturity, motivation and possibly a character trait that would benefit you while attending the program. Citing examples that demonstrate the above would be helpful.
- Send to:
Lucas Graduate School of Business
San Jose State University
Business Tower, Room 350
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0162
attn: Margaret Farmer