Early Career MBA
New to your career? If you’ve been working for five years or fewer, this program is for you. Choose from three tracks that best fit your learning pace and schedule. Classes meet on the SJSU campus, typically in the evenings and Saturdays in six-to eight-week sessions. If you don't see what you are looking for here, please check out our MBA FAQ section.
Early Career MBA - Program at a Glance
|Student Profile||0-5 years of work experience|
|Completion Time||12 months||21-24 months||33-36 months|
|Courses Per Session||2-3||1-2||1|
|Sessions||6-8 weeks per class||6-8 weeks per class||6-8 weeks per class|
Non-resident & International: $41,704
Non-resident & International: $49,350
Non-resident & International: $50,978
|Elective Internship Courses for Credit*||Yes (limited)||Yes||Yes|
|Schedule||Evening and Saturday classes|
|Admission Cycle||Fall only|
|Location||SJSU main campus|
*A Note About Internships
All three tracks allow you to take a three-unit internship. Your internship can count as one of your four required elective courses. If you are an international student on an F-1 visa you can use the internship option as Curricular Practical Training. If you are in the Accelerated Track opportunity to secure an internship is limited due to the program’s pace and time frame for completion.
We welcome you to attend our MBA Open Houses and Information Sessions, held periodically in the fall and early spring.
These gatherings are ideal opportunities to hear specific details about our two MBA programs, meet the MBA director and alumni and ask questions. Check our Events page for dates and registration.
Our admission requirements are the same for both of our MBA programs:
- Four-year bachelors degree (any major) from an accredited U.S. college or university or an equivalent degree from a recognized institution outside the United States.
- 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale, last 60 semester/90 quarter units.
- GMAT or GRE: Scores at the 50th percentile in both the verbal and quantitative sections of the exam.
- English Language Proficiency exam may be required if you have earned your degree outside the United States. You may select one of these exams:
TOEFL score of 80 or higher (IBT)
IELTS score of 6.5 or higher
- A grade of B or higher in macroeconomics, microeconomics and business statistics courses earned within the last seven years. If you need to complete any or all of these courses you may select from onsite and online options.
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation (optional)
See the MBA FAQ section for detailed information on admission requirements & English language proficiency and more.
The Early Career MBA offers admission once a year in fall only. Applications for fall open October 1st and close on May 1st. All documents, including GMAT/GRE scores, personal statement and letters of reference, are due by May 20.
For your convenience, please use the tailored step-by-step application and document submission instructions. These include the guidelines for your personal statement, letters of reference and exam scores. Choose the link below that applies to you:
Fall Early Career MBA
International & Domestic
May 20, 2019