Prospective MSA Students
If you plan to become a CPA and want to live and work as a professional accountant in Silicon Valley, you will not find a better program than ours. The MSA program consists of 30 units offered in an accelerated format, which you can complete in two to three full-time semesters. Admission is offered each fall semester.
Tuition for the 2015/2016 program is estimated to be:
- $16,189 for California state residents
- $27,349 for non-residents and International students
All MSA classes are held on the main SJSU campus
Please see below for all of the essential information and refer to our FAQs for more detailed info.
We welcome you to attend our MSA Information Sessions, held periodically in the fall and early spring.
These gatherings are an ideal opportunity to hear specific details about our MSA, meet the MSA director and alumni and ask questions. Check our Events page for dates and registration.
Admission to the MSA program is offered each fall semester. These requirements are for ALL students and include:
- Four-year bachelors degree (any major) from an accredited U.S. college or university or an equivalent degree from a recognized institution outside the United States.
- 3.0 grade point average on a 4.0 scale, last 60 semester/90 quarter units.
- GMAT or GRE: Scores at the 50th percentile in both the verbal and quantitative sections of the exam.
- English Language Proficiency exam may be required if you have earned your degree outside of the United States. You may select one of these exams:
- TOEFL score of 90 or higher (IBT)
- IELTS score of 7.5 or higher
- Personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
Please see the MSA FAQ for details on admission requirements, English language proficiency and more.
For detailed information on prerequisite requirements please select the link below that most closely matches your profile.
We accept applications for admission once a year in the fall only. Applications open on October 1st. We encourage you to apply early and closely monitor the progress of your application.
For your convenience, please use the tailored step-by-step application and document submission instructions below. These include the guidelines for your personal statement, letters of reference and exam scores. Choose the link below that applies to you:
International Applicants - If you are an international student (F-1 Visa) admitted to the MSA, you will not be eligible to enroll in the three unit internship course offered in the spring semester. Your course selection in the spring semester will be limited to electives or core courses offered on-campus. This policy is in accordance with San José State University guidelines and is not subject to change.
Fall 2017 Deadlines
Applications open October 1st & close November 1st
Document Deadline – November 20th
Applications open October 1st & close February 1st
Document Deadline – February 20th