MST Learning Objectives
We want you to get the most out of your MST experience. In Fall 2004, core MST faculty
met with members of the program advisory board to develop program learning goals.
They were slightly modified in Spring 2014 to better address university learning goals
and program changes that focus on interpersonal skills. The MST Program learning goals
are listed below.
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to achieve these:
- To identify, understand and resolve complex and multijurisdictional tax issues within
the context of our global economy and society.
- To learn and acquire research skills for exploring both familiar and novel areas of
the tax law and to communicate the findings using clear terms.
- To develop conceptual and critical analytic skills with real world applications.
- To appreciate tax policy issues and foundations of the tax law.
- To understand the ethical implications of tax practice.
- To develop skills for effective tax practice including keeping current, interacting with others, and career advancement.