Apply Now - International
Step by Step Application Instructions
Defined as applicants who are applying for an F-1 or J-1 visa and currently reside abroad or applicants who currently hold an F-1 or J-1 visa and currently reside in the U.S.
MBA and MS in Taxation Programs
Attention - International, F-1 Visa Applicants to the MS in Accountancy Program: click here
Complete the international application online at CSUMentor:
|For MBA:||For MS Taxation:|
|Indicate Application Term - Fall or Spring||Indicate Application Term - Fall or Spring|
|For Education completed enter Seeking master's degree or higher||For Education completed enter Seeking Master's degree or higher|
|Be sure to enter a full street address (P.O. Boxes are not accepted) and a valid email address||Be sure to enter a full street address (P.O. Boxes are not accepted) and a valid email address|
For intended major select (4):
|For intended major select (4): Taxation (MS Special Session)|
|Leave the concentration option blank. The Lucas MBA programs do not offer concentrations.||Leave the concentration option blank.|
|Leave the Alternative major section blank.||Leave the Alternative major section blank.|
|For Degree Objective select other master's (MBA, MFA, MPA, etc.)||For Degree Objective select MS.|
Step 2: Continuing on CSU Mentor
Test Information (8) - Fill in whatever applicable to you. You need not have taken or scheduled the GMAT/GRE/TOEFL in order to complete the application. Be sure to list San Jose State University as a score recipient of each exam you take.
Graduate Information 1 (9) - You do not need to enter work experience or list references as this information is sent directly to the Lucas School. However, you must answer "Do you hold or have you ever held a valid California teaching credential" as yes or no to proceed to the next page of the application.
Graduate Information 2 - Statement of Purpose (10) - Fill in "Sent directly to Lucas School" so that you may proceed to review and submit your application.
Financial Affidavit (10) - The affidavit must be filled out completely and a bank verification from you or your sponsor's bank verifying funding must be submitted. Please note that financial sources must be stated in U.S. dollars. The funds listed below reflect the amount required for each Lucas Graduate School program. The funds required cover the first year of fees, estimated living expenses, and mandatory health insurance.
- Early Career MBA - $35,373.00
- MBA for Professionals - $30,816.00
- MS in Taxation - $27,126.00
Submit your application and save your confirmation number!
You will receive an important email from GAPE (Graduate Admissions) in 7-10 business
days which includes your nine digit San Jose State ID and instructions on how to set
up your SJSUONE account. If you do not receive your ID within that time period, contact
email@example.com. Include your full name, birth date, and mailing address for identity verification
Once you access your MySJSU account, you will be able to check the status of your applications.
After receiving your ID, submit your official transcripts to GAPE
- For transcripts from institutions in the United States and Canada:
- Collect your official transcripts (in sealed envelopes)
- Please include your assigned nine-digit SJSU ID# on the requested transcripts. Submit one transcript from ALL higher education institutions attended (even if you did not get your degree) to the Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations Office by mail or in-person. All transcripts must be sealed and unopened in order to be accepted as official documents. COPIES OF TRANSCRIPTS OR OPENED TRANSCRIPTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please mail documents to:
San Jose State University – Graduate Admissions
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0017
- For transcripts or degrees and credentials earned outside of the United States and
- Graduate Admissions (GAPE) requires that you submit a WES document by document (Basic or ICAP) evaluation. You may find an application and directions on the WES (World Education Services) website located at http://www.wes.org/students/index.asp. When completed, WES will submit a copy of your transcripts, degree, and credential evaluation directly to GAPE electronically. Transcripts sent directly to GAPE will not be considered for admission.
Check your MySJSU account frequently to review the items on you "to do" list and to monitor the status of your application. Your MySJSU account is the first and best place for information on your application status. SJSU communicates almost entirely by messages with important and timely notices on admission, fees, financial aid, testing, transcript information, and deadlines.
Absolute Document Deadlines
- May 20th for the Early Career MBA, MBA for Professionals, and the MS in Taxation programs.
Lucas School's Program Specific Required Items: (Please note that these items do not
appear on your MySJSU "to do" list)
GMAT/GRE score - Be sure to indicate San Jose State University as a score recipient of the exam. This will enable us to access the score on the ETS or GMAT secure website. The GRE school code is 4687.
CPA (MS Tax applications only-in lieu of GMAT/GRE) - confirmation of passing all four parts of the exam or license.
Statement of Purpose - Please state your purpose for applying to the Master of Science in Accountancy, MBA or Master of Science in Taxation program. Include your plans for future occupation or profession, and any additional information that may aid the Admissions Committee in evaluating your preparation and your aptitude for study in your graduate business program. It should be 1.5 pages spaced and limited to approximately 500 words.
Send your Resume, Statement of Purpose and CPA verification as attachments by email to :firstname.lastname@example.org Include your nine digit SJSU ID and name in the body of the email message.
Letters of reference - Required for the MSA, Optional for the MBA and MS Tax.
- Two letters of reference from either faculty members and/or current or former employers. The Lucas School does not have a standard recommendation form.
- We ask that each recommender submit their letter on either University or Company letterhead. Please include contact information.
- The recommendation letter should contain information about you that the Admissions Committee would not otherwise know by reviewing by the basic University application. The recommender's insights could include information about your ability to succeed in a rigorous program such as this, your leadership ability to succeed in a rigorous program such as this, your leadership ability, maturity, motivation and possibly a character trait that would benefit you while attending the program. Citing examples that demonstrate the above would be helpful.
- Send to:
Lucas Graduate School of Business
San Jose State University
Business Tower, Room 350
One Washington Square
San Jose, CA 95192-0162
attn: Margaret Farmer