Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department
- (4/29/13) Spartan Racing charges towards 2013 races
- (4/29/13) SJSU students thrive at ASME-SPDC competition
- (4/1/13) Dr. Yee visits Hong Kong University
- (3/30/13) Herrera and Ahumada recipients of 2013 NSF Graduate Fellowships
- (3/15/13) 2013 COE Awards Announced - see MAE Students and Alumni honorees
- 5/24/13 COE graduation ceremony (graduates select link to RSVP)
- 5/25/13 University graduation ceremony
Welcome to the Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department at San Jose State University! We offer degree programs at both the undergraduate (Bachelor of Science, B.S.) and graduate (Master of Science, M.S.) level in both Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering. Our hands-on curriculum and small class sizes give students the best opportunity to learn and interact with our faculty. Our ABET-accredited programs are ranked among the top public universities nationwide without a PhD program. Our graduates work in many diverse industries in the Silicon Valley, including aerospace, medical devices and biotechnology, telecommunications, semiconductor manufacturing and equipment, power generation, and product design.
Who Should Apply
Do you like to draw and design things? Are you good at math and science? Have you ever wondered how the engine in your car works, or how commercial products are manufactured, or how robotics are controlled? If so, you should consider an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering. If aircraft and spacecraft are your passions, Aerospace Engineering is the major for you.
If you already hold an undergraduate degree, and you want to take your knowledge to the next level, take a look at our Master of Science degree programs. Our graduate program caters to working professionals with evening classes and a practical, project-based curriculum.