Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering
MSAE USEFUL GUIDES
The curriculum provides students with an advanced education in aerospace engineering theory and practice. It is designed to prepare students for professional careers in several fields of aerospace engineering involving aeronautical and space systems research, design, development, testing, and systems integration.
The student selects a faculty advisor who helps structure a program of study that meets individual needs and addresses areas of interest. While working closely with the faculty advisor, each student completes a thesis or project that results from an in-depth study of a particular research topic of interest. Opportunities to interact and collaborate with local industry can be easily pursued as well.
MSAE Program Education Objectives
1. A strong foundation beyond the undergraduate level in their chosen focus area as well as in mathematics, basic science and engineering fundamentals, to successfully compete for technical engineering positions in the local, national and global engineering market, advance in their current position or pursue doctoral studies.
2. Contemporary professional and lifelong learning skills to be able to apply theory to solve practical engineering problems.
3. Expertise necessary to work in the analysis and design of aerospace engineering systems with possible specialization in areas such as: Aircraft Design, Spacecraft Systems, Space Transportation & Exploration.
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to write engineering reports.
5. The ability to perform research and work independently to solve open-ended problems in aerospace engineering.