Forms and Documents
Here is a list of forms and documents you may need while at SJSU.
Advising Release Form (PDF) - Every math major is required to meet with his or her advisor every semester. (registration
hold is placed on every College of Science student's record before registration begins.
This hold will block you form registration. ) Some advisors would prefer that you
have this form with you when you meet with them.
Course Equivalency Form - Students who took major (math) and support courses (such as physics, computer science, other science, economics) from other institutions should fill out this form to your advisor when you meet with him or her.
Four Year Roadmaps and Degree Requirements - The list of requirements for our various degree programs can be found in the University Catalog as well as the department handouts which also contain four year academic plans. In practice, most students don't follow the roadmap to the letter, but use it as a guide. With the help of their advisors, students are expected to create their own academic plan.
Future Course Offerings - Not all courses are offered every semester. Please consult this guide when you make your course plan.
General Education Requirements and Courses - The detailed G.E. information regarding the general education requirements are found in the catalog and are linked here for your convenience.
- Core G.E. Requirements
- SJSU Studies - (Note that for area Z, you must complete Math 100W unless you are a double major. Check with your advisor before you sign up for another 100W course.)
- Articulation Office - Consult this page if you want to determine equivalencies between courses.
- Course Equivalencies -Sorted by School
Major Form - When you apply for graduation, you need to fill out this form with your advisor. There is a different form for each degree program. Print the form and fill it out before meeting with your advisor.
- BA Math (PDF)
- BA Math - Prep for Teachers (PDF)
- BS Applied Mathematics - Concentration in Economics and Actuarial Science (PDF)
- BS Applied Mathematics - Concentration in Applied and Computational Mathematics (PDF)
- BS Applied Mathematics - Concentration in Statistics (PDF)
- Math Minor (PDF)
- Math Minor for K-8 Teachers (PDF)
Math Courses - Catalog descriptions of Math courses.
My N-year Academic Plan - Use this form with your advisor's help to select coursework and plan your academic schedule.
Preapproved Support Courses for BSAM, Concentrations in Applied Mathematics or Statistics - Students in these two degree programs are required to take 4 courses in an applied areas of their choice. Two of these course have to be upper division courses. It is possible to use a sequence of courses different from the ones on the list but prior approval is required. Students should discuss these options with their advisors.
- Pre-Approved Support Courses for BSACM Emphasis in Applied Math (PDF)
- Pre-Approved Support Courses for BSACM Emphasis in Statistics (PDF)
Prerequisite Map - This shows the relationships between the math courses.
University Forms (Registrar) - Here is the link to the Registrar's web page which contains links to forms required to change your major, drop courses, apply for graduation, etc. It is provided here for your convenience.