Interested in our MS program?
Thanks for your interest in our graduate program! Students entering our MS program have a strong record of success. In recent years, alumni have gone on to PhD programs at schools including Harvard, Stanford, the University of Washington, and Colorado State University. Others have gone into the burgeoning private sector, as well as into teaching and industry. Our faculty have a wide range of specialties, allowing students access to many fields of meteorological study for their thesis work. These include: tropical meteorology, fire weather, boundary layer processes, remote sensing, weather analysis and forecasting, global climate change, and atmospheres of other planets. Some research assistantships may be available for qualified students; details are given below.
Admission for Spring 2015: currently restricted to international and out-of-state students. Don't shoot the messenger.
Admission for Fall 2015 - application deadline: anticipated to be April 1, 2015
1) For admission to SJSU and our program:
• Application is made directly to SJSU through the CSUmentor system.
Details are given on the Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations (GAPE) website.
We urge you to keep an electronic copy of the statement on the application form, and send it to the department separately.
• All required materials (e.g., original transcripts, and GRE & TOEFL scores) MUST be sent directly to GAPE. See the GAPE website for the mailing address.
• Your application will not be processed until ALL required material has been received. International applicants should note carefully the extra documents they are required to submit.
• Once your documents have been received and verified by GAPE, and assuming you meet the minimum requirements outlined on the GAPE website, your application is forwarded to the department Graduate Committee for consideration.
• Please note that we DO require the GRE (although some campus websites may not say this).
2) To apply for financial assistance from the department:
• Application for financial assistance is separate from application to SJSU.
• To apply for financial assistance, please submit the required documents (listed below) to: Professor Alison Bridger, Graduate Advisor, Department of Meteorology and Climate Science, San Jose State University , One Washington Square , San Jose , CA 95192-0104 .
• For consideration, please submit: (i) your transcript(s) - copies OK; (ii) a copy of your statement in your application; (iii) your CV. You should also arrange for THREE letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the address above.
Professor Alison F.C. Bridger
Chair & Graduate Advisor
San Jose State University Department of Meteorology, Duncan Hall 620
Phone: 408.924.5200 Email: email@example.com