Marketing and Decision Sciences
The Marketing concentration focuses on the fulfillment of consumer and industrial needs for goods and services and the methods and institutions which satisfy those needs. As the primary income-producing activity of the organization, marketing is rigorously studied in its managerial, economic, and societal aspects.
This challenging and creative field is studied as an interacting system, with particular emphasis on:
- MARKET OBJECTIVES, DEFINITION AND SEGMENTATION
- CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR AND PROMOTIONAL STRATEGY
- LOGISTICS AND PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION
- MARKETING INSTITUTIONS AND CHANNELS
- MARKET RESEARCH
- POLICIES, PLANS AND STRATEGIES
The concentration begins with the overview of marketing (the core courses), progresses through the in-depth study of the major functions of marketing, and concludes with the capstone course which integrates and applies the concepts and principles to realistic problems.