Leadership Today is a 3-day social justice immersion leadership retreat designed to train advanced student leaders to positively and effectively build community around issues of diversity. A diverse representation of students will be selected based on their application to the program. There is no cost to participate.
PURPOSE AND INTENDED IMPACT:
- SJSU community (students, staff, and faculty) to have common language around social justice and solidarity work.
- Explore the issues surrounding our campus community.
- Provide space for students to create action plans for campus and community coalition building.
- Encourage reflective and proactive healing and self-care.
- Provide opportunities to engage in critical thinking and holistic understanding of concepts around equity, community, and diversity.
|Retreat Date||February 2-4, 2018|
Koinonia Conference Grounds
1605 Eureka Canyon Rd, Watsonville, CA 95076
|Applications Available||Late October 2017|
|Applications Due||Late November 2017|
|Applicants Notified By||December 2017|
Program activities include interactive workshops, large and small group discussions, and various activities on intergroup relations, diversity, and leadership development. A large portion of the curriculum will be spent on self-identity exploration.