Applying to the Program
Please send your letter
of interest, resume,
and any letters of recommendation to the MPA director at the following address:
Prof. Frances Edwards
San José State University
One Washington Square
San José, CA 95192-0119
The application process must be completed by the dates specified by: http://www.sjsu.edu/gape/current_students/deadlines
All of the following must be completed by the above deadlines in order for your file to be considered for admissions:
- An online application filled out directly to the graduate school at the following link through CalStateApply.
- Submission of the following documents to the MPA Program office:
- a career interest essay explaining who you are, your career goals, and how the MPA will help you achieve these goals—This is your writing sample.
- a current resume
- Letters of recommendation are optional application materials for the MPA admission files. Send only letters that disclose unique information on awards, projects, or work performance.
Deadline for submission of all official documents, including TOFEL scores and transcripts of previous college work (including any community college work), to the graduate school office is found on the Graduate Admissions and Program Evaluations website accessed from the hyperlink above. Please note that we do not require the GRE for admissions.
Please note the following:
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission—your application materials must be postmarked by the deadline date.
- Dr. Edwards does not meet with potential applicants, as she feels all applicants deserve an even playing field. There are no exceptions.