MPEL provides a hands-on instructional setting for courses related to microscale engineering and microfabrication. The knowledge and skills learned by students in these courses provide unique experience in preparation for careers in fields including but not limited to semiconductor technology, renewable energy, and biomedical devices. Supported courses include:
- MatE/EE 129 Introduction to Integrated Circuits Processing and Design
- EE/MatE 167 Microelectronics Manufacturing Methods
- ME/EE/MatE 168 Microfluidics Fabrication and Design
- ME/EE/MatE 169 MEMS Fabrication and Design
- MatE/ChE 166 Advanced Thin Film Processes
- MatE/EE 165 Photovoltaic Fabrication/Testing Lab
- MatE 153 Electronic, Optical and Magnetic Properties of Materials
Under the direction of faculty advisors, students also use the lab for graduate theses and projects as well as for undergraduate senior projects.
On a limited basis MPEL also hosts short courses or hands-on workshops in microfabrication. To discuss feasibility and details, please contact the Lab Director.