Students should meet with their advisors every semester to evaluate their degree progress and determine what classes still need to be taken. The Degree Progress option on your MySJSU is not equivalent to meeting with your advisor.
- BA Students - Dr. Diana Hollinger
- BM Students - Dr. Diana Hollinger
- Graduate Students - Dr. Gordon Haramaki
All undergraduate students will be advised or assigned an advisor by the Undergraduate Advisor for the music program. All new undergraduate students must attend the music advisement meeting held during orientation week. Note that all students must be advised in order to continue registration in subsequent semesters, as well as to secure guidance regarding programs of study.
Music advising forms and plans are available on the Forms page.
*For current Music Undergraduate, Music Graduate, Music Minor, and Music Education Advisors, check in the music office (Music Building, Room 179) or call (408) 924-4673.
All music majors fall within one of the following areas of study. For the name and office number of the faculty member currently coordinating each area, please contact the music office (Music Building, Room 179) or call (408) 924-4673. You can also see a list on the Faculty & Staff by Area page.
|Jazz/Improvised Music||Voice/Opera||Studio Arts|
All music minors should:
• Pick up the minor advisement form in the music office (Music Building, Room 179) or find it under the forms page.
• Make your selections within each required category by consulting the course descriptions in the official SJSU catalog.
• Students with questions should consult with the Minor Advisor for the Music Department.
• Each music minor must have the minor form signed in triplicate at least one semester before graduation.
THE rECITAL SPACE AND YOU
Students must hold a junior and senior recital as part of their music major. Please follow the steps outlined on the Student Recital Checklist in order to properly schedule your concert and reserve performance space. Come to music room 165 to schedule your recital.