Advising 3.1 - 3.3
3.1. Music Advisors
All undergraduate students will be advised or assigned an advisor by the School of Music & Dance Undergraduate Advisor. All new undergraduate students must attend the music advisement meeting held during orientation week, usually on the same day as auditions. All music education majors will be advised by the Music Education Coordinator. Note that all students must be advised in order to continue registration in subsequent semesters, as well as to secure guidance regarding programs of study.
For current Music Undergraduate, Music Graduate, Music Minor, and Music Education Advisors, check in the Music Office (Room 179), email or call (408) 924-4673.
3.2. Area Coordinators
All music majors fall within one of the following areas of study. For the name and office number of the faculty member currently coordinating each area please contact the Music Office (M179) at (408) 924-4673.
- Composition/Electro-Acoustic/Music Technology
- Jazz Studies
- Music Systems
- Music Education
- Music Technology
3.3. Music Minors
All Music Minors should:
- Pick up the minor advisement form in the Music Office.
- Make your selections within each required category by consulting the course descriptions in the official SJSU Catalog.
- Students with questions should consult with the School of Music & Dance Minor Advisor.
- Each Music Minor must have the Minor Form signed in triplicate at least one semester before graduation.