Advising 3.1 - 3.3
3.1. Music Advisors
All undergraduate students are advised according to degree. Bachelor of Art majors, and all Bachelor of Music degrees with the exception of BM—Music Education majors, are advised by Dr. Kathryn Adduci. BM—Music Education majors are advised by the Music Education Coordinator, Dr. Diana Hollinger.
All new undergraduate students must attend the music advisement meeting held during orientation week: August 20, 2015, 12:30-1:20PM, Concert Hall. Note that all students must be advised in order to continue registration in subsequent semesters, as well as to secure guidance regarding programs of study.
3.2. Area Coordinators
All music majors fall within one of the following areas of study.
- Composition/Electro-Acoustic/Music Technology Dr. Pablo Furman, Coordinator
- Choirs Dr. Jeffrey Benson, Coordinator
- Brass Dr. Kathryn Adduci, Coordinator
- Jazz Studies Dr. Aaron Lington, Coordinator
- Percussion Prof. Galen Lemmon, Coordinator
- Strings Prof. Bruce Moyer, Coordinator
- Woodwinds Dr. Janet Averett, Coordinator
- Piano Dr. Gwendolyn Mok, Coordinator
- Voice/Opera Dr. Layna Chainakas, Coordinator
- History Dr. Gordon Haramaki, Coordinator
- Music Systems (Theory, Ear-Training) Dr. Brian Belet, Coordinator
- Music Education Dr. Diana Hollinger, Coordinator
- Music TechnologyDr. Pablo Furman, Coordinator
3.3. Music Minors
All Music Minors should:
- Pick up the minor advisement form in the Music Office (rm. 179).
- Make your selections within each required category by consulting the course descriptions in the official SJSU Catalog.
- Students with questions should consult with the School of Music & Dance Associate
Director, Dr. Janet Averett.
- Each Music Minor must have the Minor Form signed in triplicate at least one semester before graduation.