MUSIC EDUCATION WORKSHOP ENSEMBLE
Music education students develop a knowledge and basic understanding of rehearsing and teaching jazz bands, concert bands, string orchestras, and choirs in this fully comprehensive ensemble.
MEWE is student led, currently directed by Jessica Nguyen and Edgar Woo, MEWE also will be supervised weekly by SJSU music faculty, guest clinicians, local high school and middle school music directors, or by peers to provide useful information to help with rehearsal techniques and successful teaching practices.
- To develop a knowledge and basic understanding of rehearsing and teaching jazz bands, concert bands, string orchestras, and choirs.
- To develop secondary instrument and vocal skills.
- To get exposure with appropriate literature for middle and high school ensembles.
- To develop ensemble/classroom management and leadership skills.
- To learn how Smartmusic can be incorporated with ensembles and learn its user interface.
- To get instant feedback from experienced local teachers and peers.
- To remind you of the feeling of performing on an instrument for the first time.