All applicants must audition in order to receive applied lessons. Contact the Coordinator of Keyboard Studies if you have questions.
Bachelor of Music, Keyboard Majors
Three pieces, two from memory from the following list of works:
- Bach Prelude and Fugue, Well Tempered Clavier Books 1 and 2.
- A movement from a Sonata by Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven.
- A shorter work by Chopin, Schubert, Brahms, Debussy.
Bachelor of Music Education/Composition
Same list as above, but only two pieces are required, one from memory.
Master of Music, Keyboard Majors
A program performed by memory to include:
- A major work by Bach; Partitas, English Suite, French Suite, or the entire Italian Concerto or Chromatic Fantasy and Fugue.
- A Sonata by Beethoven, Schubert, Haydn, or Mozart.
- A large scale romantic work by Chopin (Ballade, Scherzo, Polonaise, Sonata) or Brahms (Rhapsodies, opus 116, 117, 118, 119) Schubert (Impromptus, Moment Musicales).
- A contemporary work written after 1920.
Jazz audition information can be found on the Jazz Studies brochure and online. Bachelor of Arts majors are offered applied lessons by audition and by the expressed permission of the Director and on the recommendation of the Coordinator of Keyboard Studies.