Students who are unable to travel to San José for a live audition may submit a high
quality DVD recording in MPG 4, AVI, or Quicktime format.
Deadlines for submitting the application and recording are as follows:
Spring 2013 Applicants – email for date
Fall 2013 Applicants – February 20
How to Submit a Recorded Audition by Mail:
- DVDs must be accompanied by an insert indicating the candidate’s name, degree objective, titles of selections with composer’s names.
- Please be sure to announce your name, instrument, and repertoire selections on the recording.
- No editing of the DVD is permitted. Each selection must be performed from beginning to end in one take. Remember to make sure you get the best sounding audio quality possible so you can give us your best example.
- The recording should be recent (made within the past 12 months) and should be playable on a DVD player (not just on a computer).
- Please make sure your name, instrument/voice, contact information, and content are clearly marked on any disc.
Send It In
Recordings should be mailed to:San José State University School of Music and Dance 1 Washington Square San José, CA 95192-0095