While we prefer live auditions, prospective students who are unable to travel to San José may submit their materials via high-quality CDs, DVDs, or through links to video and audio files posted online.
How to Submit:
- Recording should be recent and should be unedited, with each selection performed in one take.
- Please make sure your name, instrument/voice, and contact information are clearly marked on any disc.
- Include an insert with your DVD and/or CD indicating your name, area emphasis (e.g. “Vocal Performance”), and listing the composer’s names and titles of your selections in order,
- Recordings should be mailed to:
School of Music and Dance
San José State University
One Washington Square
San José, CA 95192-0095
- Links to online materials should be sent to the coordinator of your area of interest.
- Composition - Dr. Pablo Furman
- Choral Conducting - Dr. Jeffrey Benson
- Instrumental Conducting - Dr. Edward C. Harris
- Instrumental Performance
- Jazz Studies - Dr. Aaron Lington
- Keyboard Studies – Dr. Gwendolyn Mok
- Music Education - Dr. Diana Hollinger
- Music History - Dr. Gordon Haramaki
- Music Systems & Theory - Dr. Brian Belet
- Vocal Performance – Prof. Layna Chianakas