For New Students
All incoming students planning to major in music must complete an entrance audition in their primary applied area. Entrance auditions are held at the School of Music on the following dates in February and March, 2017. Undergraduates intending to apply for music scholarships will indicate their interest at their audition. Suggestions for audition repertoire are available here.
- Friday, February 10, 2017 8:30AM-3:00M
- Friday, February 24, 2017 8:30AM-3:00PM—Not Vocal
- Saturday, March 4, 2017 8:30AM-3:00PM
Other audition times are available on an individual basis (contact the School of Music and Dance recruitment office at (408) 924-4643 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
If travel distance is prohibitive (generally, more than 250 miles), a high-quality audio or video recording may be substituted. Please see the Recorded Audition Guidelines for information on how to submit recorded auditions. Recordings should be received by March 5, 2017.
Ensemble auditions are held just previous to the opening of classes in the fall semester.
About Our Scholarships
The School of Music and Dance annually provides over $200,000 in scholarship assistance to talented music majors. Scholarships are awarded at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. Undergraduate scholarships range from small awards to full tuition. Graduate assistantships are awarded to qualified students
For more information on undergraduate Scholarships, please contact Anita McClintick in the School of Music and Dance. Office (408) 924-4643; fax (408) 924-4773.
The Scholarship Application Form can be filled out and returned to the School of Music and Dance. The Scholarship Application Form can be mailed to the address at the bottom of the form or faxed to (408) 924-4773.
- Applicants must be regularly enrolled undergraduate students (current or transfer) or graduate students.
- Applicants must be enrolled at least half-time (6 undergraduate or 4 graduate units per semester).
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need.
- The recipient of the scholarship must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above each semester in order to retain the award.
- Applicants must demonstrate outstanding musical and technical ability and high academic achievement.