About Our Scholarships
The School of Music and Dance annually provides over $50,000 in scholarship assistance to talented music majors. In addition to general music scholarships, the School of Music and Dance has the named, endowed scholarships.
Scholarship auditions for 2014 will be held on:
- January 25, 2014
- February 15, 2014
- March 1, 2014
For more information, please contact Scott Pierson in the School of Music and Dance at (408) 924-4643 or fax him at (408) 924-4773.
The Scholarship Application form can be filled out and returned to the School of Music and Dance. The Scholarship Application form can be mailed to the address at the bottom of the form or faxed to (408) 924-4773.
- Applicants must be regularly enrolled undergraduate students (current or transfer) or graduate students.
- The applicant must be enrolled at least half-time (6 undergraduate or 4 graduate units per semester).
- The applicant must demonstrate financial need.
- The recipient of the scholarship must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above each semester in order to retain the award.
- The applicant must demonstrate outstanding musical and technical ability and high academic achievement.
Claude and Alberta Walker Scholarship:
A separate application for the Claude and Alberta Walker Scholarship (PDF format) must be filled out, and the applicant must audition in person for the scholarship on a specified date. Two dates will be set up for this purpose, one for upper division undergraduates and one for graduate students. The Audition Committee will determine the amount of each award after the auditions which normally take place in the first week of Spring term.